Monday, January 4, 2010
The Start of Something
I have an affinity for blogs, and as I find myself reading the ones I follow, I ask myself why I don't do the same thing. So here is my attempt at blogging. I know I have nothing profound to say and I honestly don't have any good ideas to share with the world, but for a brief moment in time I am throwing my thoughts into cyberspace with the hopes that someone out there will read them and find them somewhat interesting. I honestly have been thinking about doing this for some time, but as I sat here in my library/junk room/craft sanctuary -- the only room in our little apartment with a decent internet signal -- reading my dear friend Jenna's blog I was inspired not only to put my ideas out there, but also to use this blog not as a New Year's resolution, but a "list for the New Year." As I read Jenna's blog thinking I could never write or be as interesting as she is, one thing stuck out to me as I read her revelations about her own insecurities and what she considers her own mediocre thoughts "[W]hat if one of those mediocre thoughts is the fuel for someone else’s fire, for someone else’s moment of brilliance?" And I thought I have mediocre thoughts and maybe just maybe my mediocrity will be inspriation for some other twenty something housewife/secretary just trying to figure it out. And believe me I still have so much left to figure out and learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Excited that you joined the bloggy world. I am excited to read about your adventures as a new domestic goddess.
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Lesley